R12 introduces the new product Advanced Global Intercompany System (AGIS), which takes forward the features provided by GIS in 11i GL and adds a number of important new capabilities. The major new capabilities are:
- Creation of Documentation (ie. Payables and Receivables Invoices) for AGIS transactions
- Web ADI Integration to facilitate uploading transactions from Excel
- One Sender to many receivers in the same transaction batch (the receivers can be in different ledgers, with different chart of accounts, currencies, periods etc)
- Integration with Oracle Approvals Manager for fully flexible approval rules with no coding
- Introduction of Intercompany Periods, which can be opened and closed by AGIS transaction type
- New user grants based security so many subsidiaries can be accessed from the same responsibility
- Online Reconciliation reporting tool, allows drilldown from account balances to the transactions. Uses XML Publisher to provide export to Excel and customization of outputs
The Intercompany balancing feature in GL is now under the AGIS product and has some new features
- Define Intercompany Payables and receivabls accounts by Legal Entity
- Define separate Payables and Receivables accounts for each direction of Intercompany trading relationships
- Intercompany Balancing performed in the subledger when transactions are accounted by SLA
An important point to note is that although we add a lot of new features any GIS set up you have in 11i will be upgraded and you can keep running as in 11i and start taking advntage f the new features if and when you are ready and it makes sense to you.
In future posts I can get into the detail of how some of these new features work and are set up and who may want so use them and why.
Filed under: AGIS, Intercompany, Oracle Intercompany Tagged: | 11i, Advanced Global Intercompany System, AGIS, Intercompany, intercompany accounts, Legal Entities, Legal Entity, Oracle Applications, Oracle ERP, Oracle Financials, Oracle Intercompany, R12, R12 Upgrade